[rt-users] Performance questions....

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Tue Jan 12 02:36:06 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 05:29:58PM -0800, Gary Greene wrote:
> I'm currently running RT 3.8.1 on a Dell Optiplex 745 tower in my cube

think about upgrading to latest 3.8 there were many bugs in first
releases (3.8.0, 3.8.1) and many improvements since.

> running CentOS 5.2. This box has a Pentium D dual core CPU with 1GB RAM. The
> user load on the box is almost nothing, however when I update a ticket, it
> takes a lot of time (about 20 seconds). Is there anyway I can improve
> performance here?

What kind of database are you using. RT relies a lot on databases
performances, and uses a lot of queries, even for a small set of users.
For mysql, you _must_ tune the default configuration to be sure it
really uses your RAM.

looks here:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/PerformanceTuning