[rt-users] Another RT::Authen::ExternalAuth question

Michael James MJames at stonebridgebank.com
Thu Jan 14 11:20:17 EST 2010

Well, now we're making progress! Thanks, Bill. No offense taken. The errors are in my setup of RT::Authen::ExternalAuth variables in RT_SiteConfig.pm.

I didn't realize mysql was so case-sensitive and the different values hadn't really registered with me. Changing the table variable in RT_SiteConfig.pm from USERS to Users worked and got me to the next errors. This seems a little odd to me because I'm really using the default installation values of both RT and RT::Authen::ExternalAuth except for the base path. I made an assumption that the values in the sample RT_SiteConfig.pm from ExternalAuth's setup would be consistent with the default MySQL tables/columns. My bad... Anyway, problem solved and I thank you very much.

Mike

The next errors were fixed by changing the field names to match the actual column names in the RT database. I'm just showing this for completeness.

Jan 14 11:04:18 rt384 RT: DBD::mysql::db selectall_hashref failed: Unknown column 'email' in 'field list' at /opt/cashmgt/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm line 163, <DATA> line 514. (/opt/cashmgt/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm:163)

So now the table (Users) is found, but the columns are not. The relevant portion of RT_SiteConfig.pm is:

 # The mapping of RT attributes on to field names
                                                        'attr_map'                  =>  {   'Name' => 'username',
                                                                                            'EmailAddress' => 'email',
                                                                                            'ExternalAuthId' => 'username',
                                                                                            'Gecos' => 'userID'

>>> William Graboyes <william.graboyes at theportalgrp.com> 1/13/2010 6:23 PM >>>
Hi Mike,

I intend no offense, I am just trying to help out, and sometimes we forget
to check the easy stuff first (hey we all do some times :) ).

That being said I think we have this figured out:

I know it is like a game of 20 questions, but in my current installs 3.8.4
and 3.8.6 with mysql the table USERS does not exist, because the table name
is Users.  I am not sure if perl dbi is picky about case, but my gut
instinct would be that it is, and I know that mysql is picky about case in
this sense.

Even mysql directly doesn't like case mismatch.

select * from `cachemgt`.`USERS`;  -- would result in an error because the
table USERS doesn't exist -- as a matter of a fact it is the same exact
error you are seeing in the logs "Table 'cachemgt.USERS' doesn't exist".
select * form `cachemgt`.`Users`; -- works on my instance because the tabke
Users does exist.

Note that I changed the query to match your database structure.

HTH,

Thanks,
Bill