[rt-users] E-Mail Ticket Parsing and Decoding

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 19 10:35:42 EST 2010

Hi all,

As my first real RT project I need to write a Scrip to
parse values out of an email at ticket creation time
and set some Custom Fields.  Because the data is
structured (xml) it looks like "ExtractCustomFieldValues"
probably isn't going to be up to the task.

It looks like getting the content/attachments in the Scrip
is easy enough:

my $xact = $self->TransactionObj;
my $tkt  = $self->TicketObj;
my $cont = $xact->Content;
my $atts = $tkt->attachments;
my $iter = $attachments->get_iterator;
while (my $att = &$iter) {
    my $acont = $att->content;
}

So my question is: How much decoding has been done on
the content by the time I fetch it?  For example,
do I need to worry about stuff like mail sent with:
or has that already been taken care of?

Thanks,
John

John Hascall, john at iastate.edu
Team Lead, NIADS (Network Infrastructure, Authentication & Directory Services)
IT Services, The Iowa State University of Science and Technology