[rt-users] I give up!

Jason Ledford jledford at biltmore.com
Tue Jan 26 10:16:39 EST 2010

I sort followed this guide http://www.debianadmin.com/howto-setup-request-tracker-36-on-debian-etch.html and other guides that are very similar.

The fetchmail part I think is what you are looking for.  Fetchmail will log onto your mail server via pop3 and download the messages and inject them into RT.

Here is my relevant fetchmail config:
poll my.mail.server.com
protocol pop3 uidl
auth password
username "rt-support" password "somepassword"
mda "/usr/bin/rt-mailgate-3.8 --queue MYQUEUENAME --action correspond --url http://rt.f.q.d.n/rt/"
no keep

I added the * to try and highlight that specific part.  Are you using fetchmail or how are you injecting messages into RT?