[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth LDAP group filter

Ed Santora ed_santora at harvard.edu
Tue Jan 26 20:21:43 EST 2010

Hello,

I just upgraded to 3.8.7 with RT::Authen::ExternalAuth v0.08

I'm trying to restrict RT users to LDAP users in one group. When I set:

'group' => 'cn=group,ou=group,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=edu'

and

'group_attr' => 'memberUid'

I see it query my LDAP server with
(memberUid=uid=user,ou=people,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com) instead of
(memberUid=user).

Is there a way to have it use just the 'username' instead of the user's
full dn without changind RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::LDAP?

If I comment out 'group' and 'group_attr' LDAP auth works fine, but any
valid LDAP user can log in.

Thanks!

-Ed