[rt-users] Is there an easy way to disable attach files?

Carlos Garcia Montoro cgarcia at ific.uv.es
Wed Jan 27 08:49:30 EST 2010

Kevin,

Some time ago I asked the list if it is possible to disable the upload
of attached files. You suggested to set MaxAttachmentSize to 1 and to
define DropLongAttachments. I committed to you that it works, but
actually it doesn't. This configuration prevents the upload of files,
but it also prevents to write any message in tickets (at least when the
rich text editor is activated).

Just in case anybody is interested: In the end I have taken the attached
files out of our RT by doing a local version of Ticket/Create.html,
Ticket/ModifyAll.html and Ticket/Update.html in which I comment the code
related to the upload of files (where the fields and buttons are drawn
and where the file is uploaded).

Hope to be helpful,
Carlos

--
| __ __ | Carlos García Montoro                    Ingeniero Informático
|_\_Y_/_| Instituto de Física Corpuscular         Centro Mixto CSIC - UV
|\_] [_/| Servicios Informáticos
|_______| España / Spain                              Fax: +34 963543488