[rt-users] RT performance enhancements

francois at catalyst.net.nz francois at catalyst.net.nz
Sat Jul 10 07:43:37 EDT 2010

> How are you hitting reload? The response you're getting sure _looks_
> like you're doing a browsercache-busting shift-reload.

I just click the regular reload (hitting r in vimperator) but with
Firebug's network window open. I think you might be on to something
though, because Firebug probably needs to do a full reload in order to get
proper stats on each of the files.

> Can you show me the headers you're getting from one of the requests
> coming off of issues.bestpractical.com?

I've attached the headers for my RT 3.8.5 instance as well as your
issues.bestpractical.com. It looks like the reason why I'm getting these
"304 Not modified" on the 3.8.5 instance is that Apache adds ETags to the

But regardless of whether or not ETags are present, in a normal setting,
the browser will probably not re-request these files (due to the caching
headers set by RT) and so all you'll be getting once you're past the first
screen is the HTML of each page.

Cheers,
Francois