[rt-users] How to convert ObjectCustomFieldValue content from free form to date

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 12 19:18:08 EDT 2010

To list,

I just patched my 3.8.7 version to include Emmanuel Lacour's code that
allows one to define a Custom Field as a "Date" field. IT works GREAT! I can
select a date from the calendar and it stores the date correctly. This is a
wonderful patch.

My problem lies in how to change the data in the "Content" field in the
existing OBJECTCUSTOMFIELDVALUES records to reflect the new format.

My system uses Oracle 10g.

Has anyone gone thru this type of data conversion before where the data was
in "MM/DD/YYYY" format and you made it "YYYY-MM-DD"?

Thanks.

Kenn
LBNL

P.S. I hope Best Practical puts this patch into 3.8.9. It really works
great.