[rt-users] RT::Client::REST

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Tue Jul 13 04:09:31 EDT 2010

Alberto Villanueva wrote:

>> Got it working a treat, but I need to be able to disable accounts and
>> re-enable them, is this possible with RT::Client::REST?
>
> If we look at next page [1], it is not possible. I tried to several
> actions in a custom program for working with users, and I was not able
> to do.
>

>> If not, how would one do it?
>
> You could do using MySQL queries.

I was trying to avoid talking to the RT DB directly - the other option
is to change the name to name.disabled (or some random string) as I am
tracking the numeric ID, so that would be a solution.  I guess the other
option is to disable the internal auth and use my DB for auth (which
it's already doing, I just haven't disabled the internal one.)

For information only, I'm running a separate DB which provides
authentication into other systems, and RT will use it and fall back to
it's own.  I'm currently merging the 2 so that the account creation and
update in my DB will replicate the changes to the old RT installation
and have a 'verify email' before making active function in my DB.  I
wanted to disable the account in RT if they changed their email until
such time as they verified it.

Michelle