[rt-users] Passing parameters to mail and sending two different mails

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 13 10:23:13 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 01:44:53PM +0200, Martin Drasar wrote:
> 1) pass the parsed data to mail template.
> I know that I could create custom fields for each piece of data and then
> retrieve it from template, but I find it quite cumbersome - more than
> 70% of tickets would have custom fields they are not going to use.
> Unless I make it some generic custom field that can store any string and
> keep the entire mail there, which would kind of defeat the purpose of a
> template.

You can make a single custom field and not grant normal users
SeeCustomField and only manage it from Scrips

> 2) send two different mails
> One mail is an automatic reply to the requestor and the other one is a
> mail to an admin responsible for handling the incident. I could make two
> scrips with the same condition to send mails or to use/extend
> RT::Action::SendMail.
> Which option would you prefer? Or is there a third or fourth one?

Sounds like you just want
On Create Autoreply to Requestors with your custom template
On Create Notify AdminCcs with another custom template

Since both of those scrips exist, you'd just make custom templates for
them

-kevin