[rt-users] Two RT installations

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Mon Jul 26 16:16:39 EDT 2010

Based on the setup I just did for my new server, I would have to say yes...

few things you'd need to do(just off the top of my head... probably more
gotchas)
- have mulitple install instances of RT ie /opt/rt3-live and /opt/rt3-test
- have multiple mysql instances OR change the database name of RT before
installation(I think having multiple mysql installs would be easier. IF
multiple instances, obviously have to change the port for each
- would have to have both RTs setup in your httpd.conf
- can probably use the same fetchmail(if you are using fetchmail), if you
aren't using fetchmail, I don't know how you'd do it.

Everything else could probably be reused...

good luck!
Mike.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:06 PM, foram goram <foramgoram at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have two RT installations on the same server? If yes,
> how?.
>
> Thanks

Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst