[rt-users] Using queues as state? (and per-queue menu customisation?)

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Mon Jul 26 18:17:33 EDT 2010

Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> Howard,
>
> Not exactly. We have a Review & Approval process, which is what you
> seem to want and a QA approval process which is a whole different
> process. It looks like you want the ticket "approved" before get
> worked on and RT already has that ability with it's own "Approvals".
> When you use that workflow, RT basically creates an "Approval" Queue
> named for each Queue that uses that process automatically. Queue-1
> would have an "Approval" Queue named for and Queue-2 would also have
> an "Approval" Queue named for it.
>
> RT 3.8 even has an additional Tab called "Approvals" you can use. You
> should probably check that out.
I started there, but as far as I could tell, the built-in Approvals
process is set up to approve the resolving of a ticket - the description
is that the master ticket can't be resolved until the dependent approval
ticket is resolved (approved). I want that the master ticket isn't
visible to the implementer until it's been approved.

(actually, there isn't a page on the wiki describing Approvals at all. I
think I must have gotten that from the book.)

I'll take another look in the morning, before starting on multiple queues...

Cheers,

Howard