[rt-users] Request Tracker customisation

Lars Kristian Klykken larskk at met.no
Tue Jul 27 08:34:25 EDT 2010

> My boss want me to have several E-mails for one customer it seems I
> had to use RT Extension MergeUsers to do this
> or can you tell me an other way ?
> Is this Extension really helpfull within my situation ?

We have several mail aliases for our users in LDAP. I use MergeUsers together with my own script to autocreate every internal mailadress in LDAP, and merge the users together so that mail to/from any of these mailaliases are linked to the proper RT user.

So yes, MergeUsers is helpful when users have >1 mail address.

.../Bosse
--
Lars Kristian (Bosse) Klykken, Senior Engineer
Server Operations / IT Division