[rt-users] ExternalAuth workaround? while waiting for 0.9

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Thu Jul 29 09:36:33 EDT 2010

Greetings all,

Has anyone that is using ExternalAuth developed a workaround for the "new
user" creation issue with ExternalAuth?

The issue was outlined in another rt-user message(I can't seem to find
now).  It relates to when non-privleged users are created through the
creation of a ticket from an email, and then they login using LDAP.  The
email generates a user with username and email address as their email
address.  ExternalAuth throws an error when it attempts to create the new
user, as a user already exists with the same email address.

I need ExternalAuth to find the user that has the same email address, and
change that user's info to the info it grabs from LDAP.

If I was a perl programmer, I'd figure out how to customize it myself, but
unfortunately, I'm just stepping into that world... most perl stuff i use,
I've "borrowed" from the web :P
Has anyone developed a workaround?

The only thing I can think of, is taking all LDAP users, and loading them
into RT with their info, and everytime a new user is created in LDAP, they
get created in RT... but that seems like a fair amount of work....

Thanks!

--
Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst