[rt-users] Problem with Fetchmail

Thomas Zhenhua Wang pisceswzh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:04:39 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I'm setting up RT3.88 on Ubuntu10.04.  Now the UI works fine, but I cannot
receive emails thru Fetchmail.  I followed the instruction on this wiki to
setup the fetchmail: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/fetchmail.

Following is my /opt/rt3/etc/fetchmailrc.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

poll pop.126.com proto pop3:

username pisceswzh password [mypassword] mda "/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --url
[myurl] --queue General --action correspond"

If I run "fetchmail -f /opt/rt3/etc/fetchmailrc", I got an response "1
message (1 seen) for pisceswzh at pop.126.com (6411 octers). Skipping
message pisceswzh at pop3.126.idns.yeah.net:1 not flushed"

Apparently fetchmail is able to see there is one mail in the mailbox, which
is correct, but it is unable to download that email.  I'm doubting if I have
set the mda part correctly or there is some permission issues.

Anyone, please help.  Any advice would be deeply appreciated.  Thanks.

Tom