[rt-users] SQLite error on new 3.8.8 Install
jsalaz at meteostar.com
Tue Jun 22 14:21:58 EDT 2010
I'm running into an issue that's kind of bewildering me. I'm installing RT 3.8.8 for the first time, and I think I've done about everything needed per the ManualInstallation wiki page (and the Manual Apache Setup page following).
I'm using SQLite as initial test, figuring that a compact local database would be the easiest way to evaluate RT before finding it a home on one of our primary database servers.
Yes, I did pass --with-db-type=SQLite into ./configure
All of the generated defaults in the RT_Config.pm have been left alone, and I haven't overridden any of the database* properties in RT_SiteConfig.pm, I'm trying to remain as vanilla as possible in this first go around.
Set($DatabaseType , 'SQLite');
Set($DatabaseHost , 'localhost');
Set($DatabaseRTHost , 'localhost');
Set($DatabasePort , '');
Set($DatabaseUser , 'rt_user');
Set($DatabasePassword , 'rt_pass');
Set($DatabaseName , 'rt3');
Set($DatabaseRequireSSL , undef);
Set($SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase , undef);
I have set $rtname, $Organization, $Timezone, $OwnerEmail, $WebDomain, and $WebPath, and finally decided to enable DevelMode in order to try to find better error messages.
I overcame a mod_perl problem already, but am now met with some sort of a SQLite error; All of the background database queries appear to be failing with an identical error message:
DBD::SQLite::db prepare failed: not an error at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 469.
RT::Handle=HASH(0x2ac800384380) couldn't prepare the query 'SELECT * FROM Users WHERE lower(Name) = ?'not an error
Many of those queries fail when Apache restarts, and it continues to fail each time I attempt to log in.
At first, the only problem I had was being unable to log in with the initial default login, which really threw me for a loop. I just received an "Authentication Failed" error on the web site on log in. After diving a lot deeper, I found out that all queries to the database are failing.
This is everything that I can think is pertinent;
(1) Again, I haven't changed any of the RT_Config database properties.
(2) The database exists at /opt/rt3/var/rt3
(3) Running the query manually via the command line sqlite3 utility works, and I see the information about the root user.
(4) It goes without saying that I did indeed make initialize-database. The only error I received during that was the note about setting "RTAddressRegexp", I'll set that after I can actually start working with RT.
You can see from the error message I'm using Perl 5.8.8 (on CentOS 5.4).
I don't quite know how I would trace the requests to see if it's attempting to open the database in the expected location, which is my last idea but I'm out of ways to figure it out.
More information about the rt-users