[rt-users] Help and Ideas needed for a special setup

Christian Loos cloos at netsandbox.de
Fri Jun 25 16:10:10 EDT 2010

Hi Torsten,

I would create a special group to identify the possible ticket owner. So
you can quickly pull someone out of the group, if he is on holiday.

Get the group member,sort them by name and put them in a list.

Get the last assigned owner by get all tickets from queue, order by
ticket id desc and get the first (this is the last created) ticket.
Maybe instead of searching for the last assigned owner, a better
(faster) approach is,to store the last assigned owner in an queue custom
field like Björn suggested.

Search the last owner in the list and get the next one as the owner for
the new ticket.

Another, maybe more 'fair' way to assign the owner would be, to check,
how many active tickets each group member have and assign the new ticket
to the one, with the least tickets count.

Chris