[rt-users] Change queue with a scrip before ticket creation.

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Tue Mar 2 20:12:54 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 03:46 +0300, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 2:53 AM, Jason A. Smith <smithj4 at bnl.gov> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 02:16 +0300, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> >> Jason, scrips can not change what already happened.
> >
> > That's what I thought, by the time the scrip is run, it is already too
> > late.
>
> I suspect you do some extraction from content and then auto
> classification of tickets. I don't get why it's too late.

That is what I would like to do.

> >> You can use callback in Create.html, but ticket creation is hardly
> >> tied to a queue because of custom fields.
> >
> > Interesting, sounds like it may be close to what I want, but it only has
> > an effect on the RT web interface.  I would like to change the queue,
> > based on certain info in the message, and do this for any method of
> > ticket creation (email, web, rest).
> >
> > I guess I would need to modify RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm, examine the
> > contents of MIMEObj and change the Queue parameter before SUPER::Create
> > is called.
>
> It's possible, but is more complicated. Can you describe why moving
> ticket between queues doesn't work for you?

The ticket would end up in the correct queue, but it generates some
unnecessary email in the process when the admin watchers of the original
queue are notified about the new ticket in their queue when it is
created, when in fact it isn't meant for them, unless this can be
suppressed when the needed queue move is detected.  Will a false return
from the custom action prep code prevent this?  I guess I need to refer
to my RT Essentials book again, tomorrow morning since it is in my
office.

Also, the default queue change template is just a basic change
notification, so it doesn't contain the original problem description.  I
suppose with some extra logic, the original problem description could be
added to some (or maybe all) of the queue change notification emails.

I will have to play with this some more tomorrow.

Thanks,
~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |