[rt-users] RT 3.8 and Apache 2, NoAuth pages not parsed by RT?

Zuckercorn, Barry zuckercorn.barry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 17:28:41 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 03:47:21PM -0600, Zuckercorn, Barry wrote:
>> One more thing I forgot to add is that I can never access /NoAuth/ on
>> the same port as the RT application itself, it always returns me to
>> the login screen and gives a page not found error.
>>
>> e.g. https://rthost.tld:8383/NoAuth/images/
>>
>> Gives me an RT-generated "The page you requested could not be found |
>> Please check the URL and try again" page.  In the process of
>> troubleshooting this NoAuth page problem I've setup a vhost for the
>> NoAuth pages, which is where they don't execute.
>>
>> I'm quite certain this is a simple matter but I"ve been having a
>> difficult time with it.  What should the directives in Apache's
>> httpd.conf look like for proper access to pages under /NoAuth/
>> directories?
>
> Have you tried the configuration directives from the README included
> with RT?  You shouldn't need any particular /NoAuth/ stanzas, other
> than the NoAuth/images one, which is really just for performance
> serving static files.
>
> Also, you want to pick mod_perl or fastcgi, not try to use both of
> them.

I did remove my mod_perl load and I have looked at the README included
with RT.  Under the fastcgi section the only reference to NoAuth is
this:

   Alias /NoAuth/images/ /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

Which I have (though I changed the filesystem path to match my
install) in the Virtual Host configuration directive:

<VirtualHost prod-interface-ipaddress:8383>
    ServerName host.fqdn
    Alias /NoAuth/images/ /local/rt/rt-current/share/html/NoAuth/images/
    Alias /NoAuth/resnet/ /local/rt/rt-current/share/html/NoAuth/resnet/
    DocumentRoot "/local/rt/rt-current/share/html"
    ScriptAlias / /local/rt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

...mumble mumble SSL configuration... logs...</VirtualHost>

I added the /NoAuth/reset/ alias due to that url still not working.

If I try to go to https://host.fqdn:8383/NoAuth/resnet/index.html I am
getting a page that doesn't render correctly in 3.8 but did in 3.6
(but again I moved from mod_perl to fcgi and am not clear on the
impact this has on executing the perl inside the page)

Instead of building the nice HTML table with the open tickets for that
group to view it spits back the code:

	<%$ticket->Id%>

Which used to fill a table cell with the ticket ID number.  Or  `%
print $CF1;`  where the IP address used to go, etc.

If this isn't a supported mechanism (I inherited this RT system) is
there a way to provide local users access to the same type of data in
a page that can be protected with htaccess instead of browsing full
ticket details inside of RT?