[rt-users] Filling in custom fields from LDAP

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Mar 12 03:43:07 EST 2010

Jeff Blaine wrote:
> I'm looking to fill in custom fields with data retrieved
> from an LDAP server.
>
> That is, someone with permission to modify an existing
> ticket will enter some data into a custom field, then
> save the modification.  At save time, the code will
> use that custom field to populate another custom field
> with LDAP query results.
>
> Would this best be done as a plugin?  A Scrip?  Other?

You will need a scrip to do it. I'm not aware of any plugin currently
available that could do it for you.

The basics of the scrip shouldn't be too hard, but you're going to need
to set up an LDAP connection, do a valid search, parse the results save
the results etc. There is LDAP code for RT in the ExternalAuth plugin
that may be useful for copying and pasting, but I don't envy you your task.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com