[rt-users] Can't locate object method "now" via package "DateTime"

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 23 11:07:41 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 01:13:03PM -0400, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> Hmm, I never saw Kevin Falcone's original response until
> I browsed the rt-users archive just now.
>
> http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2010-March/063739.html
>
> >Which version of DateTime do you have installed?
> >
> >perl -MDateTime\ 9
> >
> >-kevin
>
> Answer: the latest from CPAN
>
> # perl -MDateTime\ 9
> DateTime version 9 required--this is only version 0.55.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

Interesting, even upgrading I can't replicate this.
You may need to tell us more about your setup or do a little more
digging.

Does something as simple as
perl -e 'require DateTime; my $dt = DateTime->now'
fail?

> http://search.cpan.org/dist/DateTime/
>
> Very confused.  Where does one get version 9 of DateTime?

There is no version 9, but it is a simple command line technique to
discover your installed version (older versions of DateTime had some
interesting TimeZone bugs in conjunction with RT's code)

-kevin