[rt-users] Send email from template

Givano givano at gmail.com
Mon May 3 11:49:30 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to send an email from template, initiated by rt-crontool as
described in wiki, the only trick is that dependent on custom field it
should be sent to other persons group. Here my template, somehow it always
send to user1 and user 2.

########################
Subject: new ticket, 30 minutes unowned!
RT-Send-Cc: { my $values = $Ticket->CustomFieldValues('CIT_Category');
  my $OUTPUT;
  my $CFValue;
  while ( my $value = $values->Next ) {
    $CFValue = $value->Content;
    if ($CFValue == 'IT Facilites') { $OUTPUT = 'user1 at dom.com,
user2 at dom.com' }
    elsif ($CFValue == 'Linux/Network') { $OUTPUT =  'user3 at dom.com,
user4 at dom.com' }
    elsif ($CFValue == 'Phone') { $OUTPUT =  'user5 at dom.com, user6 at dom.com'
}
    elsif ($CFValue == 'Windows') { $OUTPUT =  'user7 at dom.com, user8 at dom.com'
}
  }
  $OUTPUT;
}

The ticket {$Ticket->id} stayed unowned for 30 minutes.

Please do a categorisation, assign optionally an owner!

Any idea what I'm doing wrong, maybe there is some, more elegant method to
do a custom field based escalation, here is how I'am starting the
rt-crontool:

rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL --search-arg "id = 23331" --action
RT::Action::RecordComment --template 'UnownedNotifyWatcherLevel1'

Thanks in advance,

Ivan Samarin