[rt-users] RTMailer - RETURNED 74 Error

Brian Carpenter bcarpenter at communitycarewny.org
Tue May 4 16:03:51 EDT 2010

All,

First time poster, long time reader and all that jazz. I've gotten some
very good advice from this form and hope that my own question might find
some resolution.

More or less I upgraded from RT 3.8.2 -> 3.8.7. Everything went
perfectly except that I no longer receive any email notification on
ticket creation.

My syslog spits out this: RTMailer: Call /usr/bin/msmtp -nt -oi -t
RETURNED 74

While I have seen that there were previous posts about permission errors
I've made sure all the related files to MSMTP are chown'd to www-data.
Any light shed on this situation would be immensely helpful, and I am
entirely willing to provide any additional logs specifically requested
(with some sensitive data redacted of course). Running ubuntu 10.04 LTS.