[rt-users] Problems with permissions (bug?)

Markus.Kummer at t-systems.com Markus.Kummer at t-systems.com
Tue May 11 12:47:17 EDT 2010

Dear list,

I'm using rt 3.8.8 and facing problems in setting up permissions for a queue.

What I want is that users see the tickets they have requested in a certain queue only.
So user A cannot see tickets requested by user B and vice versa.

So I applied the following rights

-> Configuration -> Queues -> Group rights

Roles

Requestor:

- CommentOnTicket
- DeleteTicket
- ForwardMessage
- ModifyCustomField
- ModifyTicket
- OwnTicket
- ReplyToTicket
- SeeCustomField
- ShowOutgoingEmail
- ShowTicket
- ShowTicketComments
- StealTicket
- TakeTicket
- Watch
- WatchAsAdminCc

User defined groups

1_rt_eval

- SeeQueue
- CreateTicket

2_rt_eval

- SeeQueue
- CreateTicket

This basically works, but when a user logs in he finds an empty RT at a glance page.
But searching for his email address gives the expected results.
So my only problem is that the Queue is not displayed in the Quicksearch.
After a lot of searching in the mailing list archives I got some hints.

I applied the following rights additionally:

System groups

Privileged:

- SeeQueue
- CreateTicket
- ShowTicket

After login the Quicksearch is populated with that queue but all tickets are shown.
So I removed the ShowTicket right from Privileged (while the user is still logged in). After a reload of the RT at a glance page the user sees the queue in the quicksearch. Following the link shows the correct tickets (the ticket count is wrong but this doesn't matter).

Everything fine so far, but when the user logs out and in again Quicksearch is empty again. This is fully reproducible.

Do I miss something here or is this a bug?

Thanks for any help!

Markus
T-Systems International GmbH
SDU Telco NPS
Vorgebirgsstr. 49
53119 Bonn
Tel: + 49 228 9841 3820
E-Mail: markus.kummer at t-systems.com

T-Systems International GmbH
Aufsichtsrat: René Obermann (Vorsitzender)
Geschäftsführung: Reinhard Clemens (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ferri Abolhassan, Olaf Heyden, Joachim Langmack, Dr. Matthias Schuster, Klaus Werner
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 55933 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE87523644