[rt-users] Problems with permissions (bug?)

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed May 12 12:37:11 EDT 2010

Markus,

Not wanting to sound critical or anything, it sounds like you're going the
long way around the barn on this workflow.

First, why do you want two different groups working on basically the same
ticket?

Second, if these two groups must work in sync with each other on the same
ticket, why create a child? why not a "dependsOn" or "ReferrsTo" ticket.

Third, if people are forgetting to write replies, why not send a
notification template based on the same condition you use when you create
that "other" ticket?

Forth, if these two groups do NOT have to work on the same ticket *at the
same time*, but follow a *consecutive* ownership type flow, then just change
the Queue after one group is finished with their work and while doing that,
change the owner to "Nobody" and the status and anything else you need when
you change the Queue?

Anyway, to be able to really assist, I would need to understand your
workflow; the why's and wherefores. There's always more than one way to skin
the cat.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL