[rt-users] To NotifyActor or not to NotifyActor ...

Blake Turner blake at eos-3.com
Tue May 18 12:58:07 EDT 2010

> Ahh, it must have been from the book then:

> Condition: On Correspond
> Action: Open Tickets
> Template: Blank #Use Transaction if you want notification
> Stage: TransactionCreate
>
> That should do it.

I am even more confused than ever now. That scrip is there by default, but
checking the logs after I reply to a 'ticket creation' email, that scrip
isnt invoked at all.
When a requestor sends an email to create a ticket the first scrip that runs
is:

Condition: On Create
Action: Notify Other Recipients
Template: Global Template: Notify Users
Stage: TransactionCreate

The template is just a simple message to a shared mailbox:

To: csqueue at domain.com
Subject: New Ticket: {$Ticket->Subject}

A New Ticket has been created in the Client Support Queue. If you would like
to take ownership of this ticket, reply to this email with the word "take"
in the body.

... so if a user replies to that email, I want to set that user as the owner
and send the {$Ticket->Transactions->First->Content} out to that user, so
they can begin working on it.
The only piece that I cannot seem to figure out is how to have the On
Correspond scrip look at the email address, and match that to a user in RT
so that I can assign them as the owner of this ticket.