[rt-users] "1;" in the RT_SiteConfig.pm file

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Tue May 18 21:49:56 EDT 2010

> Wagner Pereira wrote:
> > My 'easy' question is: what this "1;" does at the final? What is its
> > utility? I don't remember if I had put it there or RT came with it by
> > default.

> > 1;

> All "good" Perl modules have this as the exit code/value at the end.

More specifically, if I may quote from Wikipedia...
  # A Perl module must end with a true value or else it is considered not to
  # have loaded.  By convention this value is usually 1 though it can be
  # any true value.  A module can end with false to indicate failure but
  # this is rarely used and it would instead die() (exit with an error).

John