[rt-users] Customised display format for Simple search

gordon at cryologic.com gordon at cryologic.com
Mon May 31 01:18:46 EDT 2010

Thanks Kevin.

Here are some details for others about what I did:

I ended up modifying and renaming 3 files, Simple.html, Results.html and
Googleish.pm

We now have a ticket custom field called "Serial Number" which is linked
to a modified Simple.html (Simple2.html) web page. This allows us to
click on the displayed serial number which then automatically opens a
separate search page displaying all other tickets containing that serial
number.

Unfortunately my programming skills are only good enough to hack
together a solution for my particular requirements and would in no way
be suitable for applying a patch. Also, this was still on rt-3.6 (will
upgrade when I have to).

Gordon