[rt-users] Bug? in Permissions with Custom Fields -> Fill in One Text Area

Josh Narins jnarins at seniorbridge.com
Thu Nov 4 12:34:53 EDT 2010

I would expect "ModifyCustomField" to be the only permission required to change the value of a Custom Field's value.

This is what happens when I enter three lines of text and save our "Fill in one text area" Custom Field:

#<http://rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=35808#txn-244497> Thu Nov 04 12:10:32 2010 Joshua Narins - CustomFieldName oldvalues changed to line1
#<http://rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=35808#txn-244498> Thu Nov 04 12:10:32 2010 Joshua Narins - CustomFieldName line1 changed to line2
#<http://rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=35808#txn-244499> Thu Nov 04 12:10:32 2010 Joshua Narins - CustomFieldName line2 changed to line3

Three changes in one second, replacing one line at a time.

When I give myself AssignCustomField and try again it works.

Josh Narins

Director of Application Development
SeniorBridge
845 Third Ave
7th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 994-6194
Fax: (212) 994-4260
Mobile: (917) 488-6248
jnarins at seniorbridge.com
seniorbridge.com<http://www.seniorbridge.com/>

[http://www.seniorbridge.com/images/seniorbridgedisclaimerTAG.gif]

SeniorBridge Statement of Confidentiality: The contents of this email message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email by an unintended or mistaken recipient is strictly prohibited. In said event, kindly reply to the sender and destroy all entries of this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.