[rt-users] RT and mySQL cluster?

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Nov 19 17:14:02 EST 2010

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 02:15:40PM -0700, Thierry Thelliez wrote:
> Thanks all for the quick answers.
>
> In terms of sizing, we could have several thousands (max = 10,000;
> more realistically 3,000) tickets submissions within a day. They will
> not be nicely spread during the day. Some hours might be a lot busier
> than others. Each ticket will have at least one attachment (about 1 to
> 3 mb each).

you have to do benchmark, but here "cluster" mode of MySQL will not help
at all (to my knowledge it may decrease performances).

here I will go with good hardware (RAID 10) and one DB.

> I am just starting to learn about MySQL Cluster, trying to find an
> architecture that could be robust enough to minimize data loss in case
> of failure. In other words, we do not want to lose hours of submitted
> tickets if something bad happens. Likewise, we want to provide
> continuity of operations even if a server goes down.

using RT on a failover architecture is pretty easy and a good idea. You
just have to setup either a master/slave MySQL configuration, or drbd,
or a hot backup MySQL.