[rt-users] Add a new "Action" to list

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Mon Oct 4 18:38:53 EDT 2010

Hi Kenn,

On 10/4/2010 2:34 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> To list,
>
> I want to add "Autoreply to Owner" as an option on the "Action" list
> when creating a scrip. I'm not clear on exactly what I need to do.
>
> Is there a relatively simple way to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Kenn
> LBNL

I think there is a relatively simple way to do this.  I added an Action
I called "Notify Everyone" that notifies Everyone.  I did it a long time
ago on v3.6.3 and I think it was just a matter of adding a record to the
ScripActions table of the rt3 database.

In my case, I created a new record, gave it a name "Notify Everyone" and
a description "Send mail to all watchers plus transaction CCs and BCCs"
then set the ExecModule field to "Notify" and the Arguments field to
"All,OtherRecipients".

In your case, I think you can add a new record with "Autoreply" as the
ExecModule and "Owner" as the Argument.

You might want to do a slow count to 100 before trying this to see if
anyone else tells you not to do it.

Regards,
Gene