[rt-users] Customizing the left side main menu

Chris Hall hiro24 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:42:22 EDT 2010

Ok, in a nutshell.. I'd like to add some extra options to the main menu,
where Home and Tickets and Tools, etc.. exist.. maybe at the bottom.  But
I'd like to make them only appear based off of permissions.  Ex: if you're
in the Helpdesk group, display these additional links that will open up to
maybe a custom dashboard based on the link I click.  I already figured out
how to make the custom dashboard entries.. just trying to figure out how to
implement the custom menu based on user or group part.. any ideas?