[rt-users] MySql to Oracle migration

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Wed Oct 6 02:34:40 EDT 2010

Lee, Jeffrey wrote:

> I am unsure where to look to change the connect string from my current
> database to the new oracle database. Any suggestions?

I haven't migrated from Mysql to Oracle but do use Oracle.
If you haven't done so already, run configure with the appropriate
settings for Oracle, this is mine:
./configure --with-db-type=Oracle --with-db-dba=system --enable-gd
--enable-graphviz --enable-devel-mode --with-web-handler=modperl2
--with-db-database=$ORACLE_SID
where $ORACLE_SID is the instance name, sid, of the Oracle database
you're connecting to, or the tnsnames alias if its a remote db.
Further you'll need to change RT_SiteConfig.pm to use Oracle instead of
Mysql.

Set($DatabaseName , '$ORACLE_SID');
Set($DatabaseType , 'Oracle');

This should get going. Please beware that you read the DBD::Oracle
README before installing it. If you're environment is not set correctly
make test will fail and it won't install.
Also watch the version of DBD::Oracle. Search the archives for more info.

Regards,

Joop