[rt-users] Canned sets of rights for individuals accessing different queues?

ant ant at suave.net
Wed Oct 6 15:43:33 EDT 2010

I have been looking around and am thinking this may not really be possible,
but here goes.

I have a number of users, number of queues and three different access
levels View Only, Developer and Product Manager. I am trying to figure out
a way to specify the set of rights each of the access levels only once,
then somehow associate a user and queue with each set of rights, for
example.

user fred has developer rights to the testa queue, but only view only to
testb.

It looks like I could do this by creating a bunch of groups like
testa_developer and assigning the user to all the individual groups, but
that means I have to set up individual rights for each of those groups on
the various queues, which takes a while to set up and is hard to maintain.

In the past I set up global rights for groups and made a hack that pulls my
users from my user database and gets which rights each should have, then
copies those rights at the user level onto the queue directly. This never
seemed very clean to me but was the only solution I could come up with. I'm
upgrading my system now and was hoping maybe I could find a better way, but
I'm not finding anything.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm on 3.8.8