[rt-users] Considering RT for New Web Site

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Oct 25 14:43:15 EDT 2010

Eric,

I'm not sure what you mean by "reskin" but the rest sounds easy to set up.
The permission rights are VERY flexible (I'd recommend putting all users in
Descriptive groups, named for their function and Queue/access needs).
It's easy to set up new Queues for different sets/types of tickets.
Custom Fields can be created that are either global or unique to any Queue.
Additional Status values can also be added (we use a combination of extra
Status values and a Custom Field)
Extra functionality can be coded via scrip (in perl) also on a Global or
unique to any Queue.
You can set up your own unique set of email templates both Globally and by
Queue.

Most everyone here in the list are very helpful on these issues and several
members of the BP staff jump in with critical technical knowledge as well.

Just send in your questions and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Kenn
LBNL