[rt-users] Add Cc on comment

Daniel Gomes dgomes at ipfn.ist.utl.pt
Fri Sep 10 07:15:28 EDT 2010

  hey everyone,

I havea  little issue I would like to get some help with. Basically, I
want a ticket's Cc's to be able to reply to any added comments (since
they do see them). I added the necessary rights (CommentOnTicket,
ReplyToTicket and ShowTicketComments) to the Cc group, so if the email
is on the Cc list, everything works smoothly. The problem is when a
SuperUser comments a ticket and "on-the-fly"(ie. when writing the
comment itself) sets a certain email as a Cc. This person will receive
the comment but won't be able to answer, because RT does not saves this
email on the Cc list. So the question here is: what should I do so that,
when commenting a ticket, any Cc emails get saved to the ticket's Cc list?

I was trying to go from smth like
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AddAdminCc and create a new
condition/action, but I really have no experience with it... So if
someone out there feels like helping me out with this approach, feel
free to do so :)

Thanks in advance,

--
Daniel Gomes (SysAdmin)
dgomes at ipfn.ist.utl.pt
Ext. 3487 - 218419487

Instituto de Plasmas e Fusão Nuclear
Instituto Superior Técnico - UTL
Av. Rovisco Pais - 1049-001 Lisboa - Portugal