[rt-users] How to Re-size the TextBox created when putting a custom field on CreateTicket

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 22 12:10:55 EDT 2010

Vikas,

Same thing. Create a local version of
/opt/rt3/share/Elements/EditCustomField. Then make your changes there.
We use the following code to change the size of *text* boxes as well as turn
*select lists* into drop-down lists:

if ($Type eq "Text") {

        $Rows = 8;

        $Cols = 50;

} elsif ($Type eq "Wikitext") {

        $Rows = 8;

        $Cols = 50;

} elsif ($Type eq "Select" and $MaxValues == 1) {

        $Rows = 1;

        $Cols = 30;

}

Hope this helps.