[rt-users] Unable to access site after reboot

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 24 09:01:45 EDT 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 07:16:08 -0500
"Poulter,   Dale" <dale.poulter at Vanderbilt.Edu> wrote:

> We have been running RT 387 for several months without any issues.
> However,  after a reboot of the server the site is not accessible.
> When we attempt to access the site we get prompted to download the
> file.  This appears to point to a module not being loaded but no
> errors seem to be generated.  Have any one experienced this and
> resolved it?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

To me, it looks more like a problem with the HTTP server (which you did
not name). It's typical, when a handler for a particular type of scripts
intended to generate a dynamic web page, fails to be set up or
registered properly, the server offers to download the actual code
file instead of executing it and providing its output as a page content.
Of course, no errors are generated in this case as this is not a problem
from the HTTP server's point of view.

Also note that some browsers tend to over-aggressively "cache" the
content type offerred by the server for a particular URL, so when you
feel the problem is fixed, but the browser still offers to download the
file, try from another box or with another browser.