[rt-users] managing ldap users / RT-Authen-ExternalAuth question

Jason Ledford jledford at biltmore.com
Wed Sep 29 11:51:23 EDT 2010

Can you log in as root?  If so you should be able to search for the ldap user you logged in as and then grant them access.  I think the page you are talking about is only showing privledged users.  Also, you will only be able to search for ldap users that have logged in, unless you also use the ldap import plugin http://search.cpan.org/~falcone/RT-Extension-LDAPImport-0.07/lib/RT/Extension/LDAPImport.pm

For the permissions problem, it sounds like you granted permissions, but didn't make the user a priveledge user.  If you search for your user like I mentioned above, when you look at their property sheet you will see a check box called make this user priveledged (something like that), checking that should give the user access.