[rt-users] Error Upgrading MYSQL from 3.6.3 to 3.8.9

Shane Becker Shane.Becker at j2global.com
Thu Apr 7 15:38:35 EDT 2011

I'm trying to upgrade from RT 3.6.3 to 3.8.9 and I'm running into a
MYSQL issue:

[error] RT since version 3.8 has new schema for MySQL versions after
4.1.0\nFollow instructions in the UPGRADING.mysql file. at
/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl line 160.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval
2) line 1.\n

My steps so far have been:

/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
--action upgrade (only to 3.7.87)

rm -fr /opt/rt3/var/mason_data/obj

perl etc/upgrade/upgrade-mysql-schema.pl db user pass > queries.sql

mysql -u root -p rt3 < queries.sql

perl -I /opt/rt3/local/lib -I /opt/rt3/lib
etc/upgrade/shrink_cgm_table.pl

/opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
--action upgrade (3.7.87 to 3.8.9)

perl -I /opt/rt3/local/lib -I /opt/rt3/lib
etc/upgrade/shrink_transactions_table.pl

Our current RT server is using MYSQL 5.0.27 and the new machine is
running MYSQL 5.0.77.

Any help is appreciated.

-Shane

This email, its contents and attachments contain information from j2 Global Communications, Inc. and/or its affiliates which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message and any copies.