[rt-users] Having RT ignore internal email not associated with a ticket

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Apr 11 16:50:54 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 02:52:33PM -0400, Paul Fincher wrote:
>    Hi all,
>

>        We are getting ready to bring RT live and are passing the final hurdles.  One issue that I
>    am working through is the following.  We are adding RT to already existing mail aliases which
>    our support engineers currently monitor for incoming customer requests.  The problem is they
>    also sometimes use these aliases for internal communication unrelated to a specific ticket.
>    I was hoping to have RT ignore these internal emails not related to a ticket.   From what I've
>    seen in past posts I may be out of luck but just thought I'd see if someone had any ideas.

How do you intend to differentiate between "not related to a ticket"
and "intended to create a new ticket" since emails sent to rt-mailgate
without a subject tag create new tickets in the given queue (assuming
permissions are configured to allow it).

You'll need to filter before rt-mailgate gets the email

-kevin