[rt-users] Automatically move queue every x number of days or move / reassign according to priority

Kris Germann kgermann at fibernetics.ca
Fri Apr 15 18:27:45 EDT 2011

Hey everybody,

I was wondering if any of you were aware of any way we could 'auto-escalate'
support tickets. Right now we have three groups in particular we'd need this
for:

Support: General - L1
Support: General - L2 Escalations
Support: General - L3 Escalations

Our support mail is pop'd from our mailserver to Support: General - L1, and
worked on by our Tier 1 staff, and escalated accordingly. This is good, when
it is done; sometimes tickets can be left for days at a time (Over holidays
etc..) and we don't want them being looked at by Tier 1 anymore, but now
Tier 2, as the customer might be waiting a while now and needs immediate
support - Is there a way I could configure my queue-specific scrips to move
tickets from "Support: General - L1" < 3 days old to "Support: General - L2
Escalations", and so on for "Support: General - L3 Escalations" ?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Kris Germann
Fibernetics Corporation
605 Boxwood Drive