[rt-users] RE Creating a custom correspdonence template

Raphaël MOUNEYRES raphael.mouneyres at sagemcom.com
Tue Apr 19 04:06:29 EDT 2011

hello,

there's one simple thing you could do :

in RT_SiteConfig.pm, change option UseFriendlyFromLine to 0 :
Set($UseFriendlyFromLine, 0)

so RT will send the email using the default queue's adress/name

may it help

Rapahël

Brad Hughes <brad at staff.broadbandsolutions.com.au>
Envoyé par : rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
19/04/2011 01:30

rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
cc

Objet
[rt-users] Creating a custom correspdonence template

Hi List,

We have just upgraded from RT 3.6.7 to 3.8.8.

The first thing we noticed is that RT now uses the "Real Name" variable
to show who posted comments/replies into a ticket, instead of the
"Username" variable, which we were previously used too.

In our case, all staff members "Real Names" are set to our company name,
so after the upgrade we are unable to tell which staff member posted a
comment/reply because they are all listed as our company name. The only
reason we have our "Real Names" set to our company name, is because we
want our staff members names to remain anonymous in Correspondence to
customers.

I have no problem changing our "Real Names" to our individual names, and
that will fix part of the problem because we will then be able to see
internally which staff member has updated a ticket, however doing that
will then mean that when we send Correspondence to customers, they will
see the staff members Real Name in the FROM field (eg John Citizen via
RT).

So I believe as well as changing our "Real Names" to our actual real
names, I am also going to need to mofify the correspdance template, and
some how get it to strip out our Real Name in the FROM field, and
replace it with our company name.

The problem I am having is I cannot find documentation on how I could do
this.

If someone could please point me in the right direction that would be
much appreciated.

--

Kind regards,

Brad Hughes

#
" Ce courriel et les documents qui lui sont joints peuvent contenir des
informations confidentielles ou ayant un caractère privé. S'ils ne vous sont
pas destinés, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de les
divulguer, de les reproduire ou d'en utiliser de quelque manière que ce
soit le contenu. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, merci d'en
informer l'expéditeur et de supprimer immédiatement de votre système
informatique ce courriel ainsi que tous les documents qui y sont attachés."

                               ******

" This e-mail and any attached documents may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that any dissemination, copying of this e-mail and any attachments
thereto or use of their contents by any means whatsoever is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and all attached documents
from your computer system."
#