[rt-users] User credentials change automagically

Chris Barnes chris-barnes at tamu.edu
Wed Apr 20 10:20:36 EDT 2011

Ok, this is bizarre.

Our IT group uses RT for problem tracking.  There are only 4 accounts
(kept in RT), one for each of the 3 real people and one called "root"
(for admin functions of RT itself).  We've been using RT 3.8.8 since
November - the problem I will describe just began happening this week.

2 of us are logged into RT pretty much 24/7
I use Firefox 4.  Never have a problem
User2 uses Opera 11.  RT itself works fine for him.

Neither of us knows the other's password...

Problem:
User2 locks his computer and goes to lunch.  When he gets back from
lunch, his RT session is somehow magically logged in as ME.
Huh?   How could that happen?

It gets even more bizarre - if he logs out of RT on his computer, the RT
session on my computer gets logged off  ???????

What's going on here?

--
Chris Barnes                           AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris-barnes at tamu.edu                Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager               MSN IM: chris at txbarnes.com
Department of Physics                      ph: 979-845-1379
Texas A&M University                      fax: 979-845-2590