[rt-users] Error running perl etc/upgrade/vulnerable-passwords with existing RT installation

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Apr 29 23:56:27 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 03:00:14PM -0700, Jonah Hirsch wrote:
>    I have an installation of 3.8.8 on a test machine that we're trying to upgrade to RT 4.0.0
>    If I run configure with --prefix=/opt/rt3 to match the current installation of RT, running
>    perl etc/upgrade/vulnerable-passwords returns:

Did you read docs/UPGRADING-4.0 for the litany of problems that will
occur if you do that?

Why are you trying to keep the rt3 code around and what part of the
documentation can I change to make it clear that you really shouldn't
do that?

Just make install cleanly into /opt/rt4 and run the database upgrades

-kevin