[rt-users] Tuning RT4

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 3 10:22:31 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 08:56:14AM -0400, Dave Pascoe wrote:
>    OK, I fixed this. I didn't have the jsmin binary, nor did I have it configured in RT. Problem
>    solved.
>    Thanks for the pointers. Happy now!

As mentioned in
http://issues.bestpractical.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=17673
If you make enough requests, slowness due to css squishing will go
away.  Your first N requests after an apache restart will pay the
startup cost.  There are scripts on the ticket for demonstrating this.

jsmin just makes the css squishing much faster reducing the startup
penalty.

-kevin