[rt-users] two side-by-side installations

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 5 08:53:08 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 05:40:25AM -0700, Yan Seiner wrote:

> That sounds like the way to go.  I've looked around the wiki and
> mod_fastcgi installation doesn't seem to be well documented.  Any
> hints on how to proceed?

If you follow the Debian route, you'll find that the main thing
you need to do is to edit

/etc/request-tracker3.8/apache2-fcgid.conf
/etc/request-tracker4/apache2-fcgid.conf

(for example)

to suit your requirements, and then include that from the relevant
vhost portion of your Apache config.

I'm not sure what the wiki says about Debian; I suspect it'll be a
collection of tricks and hacks built up over the years which may not
all be relevant. The usual Debian advice applies; after installing
the package with apt-get, check README.Debian which has various pointers
to relevant documentation.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team