[rt-users] Install... Almost there!!!

John Allman john.allman at vendormate.com
Wed Aug 17 10:51:39 EDT 2011

Thank you for your responses... I'm not much of a perl person so the CPAN module thing is a little new to me. I've put in what I know from it below. As far as I can tell it is using the CPAN module... is there somewhere I need to look and see if something is conflicting?

This is what looks right to me:
# cpanm Scalar::Util
Scalar::Util is up to date. (1.23)
#

Kevin Falcone:
> You're using a vendor provided Scalar::Util module that doesn't have the function we need.  Install it from cpan or from an up-to-date vendor package that doesn't have this bug.
Emmanuel Lacour:
> You're using RH Scalar::Util? Try installing the CPAN version.

Kevin Falcone:
> Don't do this, only copy what you want to change.  Otherwise you miss updates to defaults RT_Config.pm and are unable to tell what you've modified from stock.

Which is why I've commented out everything I'm not using. I'll be able to tell what I've changed from stock by what isn't commented out. Note the "# " in the sed command