[rt-users] Install... Almost there!!!

John Allman john.allman at vendormate.com
Wed Aug 17 11:41:59 EDT 2011

>I also recommend not doing this.  The commented out stock values in your siteconfig will get out of sync with RT_Config.pm when we update defaults, add new options, or remove old ones.  You're setting yourself up for "stock" values which don't match reality, all for the small convenience of not having to look at two files.

This will be the case whether I do it or not. If I uncomment a value and change it then you change the value descriptor it doesn't matter whether I've put in all my possible values. When we do an upgrade which should only be once a year or I'm going to have to read the release no matter what to see if something we used has changed.

The only reason an issue would arise is if the release notes were written poorly which could be the case but a simple 'diff' command will allow me to see any changes to this file.

I don't take new releases lightly, especially to something as widely used as a ticketing system.