[rt-users] RT logs in wrong timezone

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 17 15:11:10 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Wagner Pereira <wpereira at pop-sp.rnp.br> wrote:
> Ok, Ruslan.
>
> Now I edited my RT_SiteConfig.pm to that:
>
> --------------------------------
> # LOGGING:
>
> Set($LogToSyslog, 'debug');
> Set(@LogToSyslogConf,
>        ident => 'RTTEST',
>        facility => 'local0',
>        socket => [{type => 'udp', host => 'localhost', port => 514 }],
> );

You said that you want to log directly to remote syslog host from RT.
You didn't mention that you have local syslog daemon that redirects
messages to remote host.

You have two options:

1) Drop LogToSyslogConf in RT_SiteConfig.pm that will give RT and
modules it uses to find most appropriate way to connect to local
syslog daemon. Configure local syslog daemon to forward messages
and/or store them locally or do whatever you like with them, but using
local syslog's configs.

2) Set LogToSyslogConf in RT properly to send messages to remote
syslog daemon directly. Reminder: this requires quite new version of
Sys::Syslog module from the CPAN.

I would recommend you to go with option 1). First of all test that
local syslog daemon actually connects to remote server and redirects
messages.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.